Steps To Take After A Truck Accident
If you have recently been involved in a roadway accident involving a semi truck, box truck, 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer rig, bus, construction vehicle, or another commercial motor vehicle, you may be coping with serious and life-altering injuries. Likewise, if you have lost a loved one in a fatal truck crash, the grief may be overwhelming for you and your family. Although recovering for the harms and losses suffered by your family or filing a lawsuit is likely not the first thing on your mind right now, it is important to get someone working on your behalf as soon as possible. The attorneys at The Greene Law Firm are prepared to make your case a top priority. There are some things that need to be done as soon as possible following a truck accident, including:
- Call 911. You need to report the collision as soon as possible.
- Write down important information about the accident and take pictures. Now that cellphones with cameras in them are becoming more and more common, it is important to photograph the accident scene immediately after the collision. This will help preserve as evidence, the location of the vehicles, the weather conditions, the condition of the vehicles, identifying information about the truck, and plenty of other important information. If possible, try to take pictures of the vehicles prior to moving the vehicles.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses. It is amazing how frequently witnesses see the collision, provide their names to the reporting officer and then vanish into thin air. It is important to record the name, address, and phone number of each witness that saw the collision, responded to the collision, or rendered aid to anyone involved in the collision.
- Call The Greene Law Firm: 502-430-0467. We can help. We can begin investigating your serious truck accident immediately after the incident. We will visit you in the hospital or in your home if necessary to discuss your case and will go to work for you immediately. We will retain experts to document the evidence, begin obtaining all related documents, and put the trucking company on notice that we are handling your claim. Let our attorneys start working for you while you are still healing or going through the stages of grief.
- Do not discuss the collision with an insurance adjuster or trucking company representative. It is important not to discuss the truck wreck with insurance companies or truck company representatives because they will try to get you to say things that help their position only. Important: Do not provide any statements or sign any documents, such as releases for medical records or employment records, before you have consulted a qualified attorney.
- Seek medical attention for all injuries you have suffered. After a catastrophic truck accident, it is important to document the medical treatment and injuries you sustained as a result of the collision. It is best to document your injuries through medical providers.
For Any Questions Contact The Attorneys At Our Firm
There are many issues involved in a commercial trucking collision, and our lawyers at The Greene Law Firm understand these issues and approach them with a logical and straightforward approach. We will give you honest and straightforward answers to help you understand the litigation process, the amounts and availability of insurance, and any other questions you may have. Given their past experiences representing victims of truck accidents, our attorneys are ready, willing, and able to answer your questions concerning a trucking collision. If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking collision, please call Michael Greene or Wilson Greene or reach out online so that we can go to work immediately on your case.