Get Help After A Rollover Accident
Rollover accidents involving sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and passenger vans frequently result in catastrophic injuries and death. Despite well-documented design flaws, these dangerous vehicles are marketed and sold to the public. As a result of the significant property damage and risk of rollover death, victims of SUV rollovers are at an increased risk of brain injury, spinal cord injury, paralysis, or even wrongful death. As a result of these significant injuries, these individuals or families will have significant financial needs immediately following the accident and well into their future.
Causes Of SUV Rollover Accidents
The attorneys at The Greene Law Firm will carefully examine your case to establish the cause of the accident and the extent of your injuries. Our attorneys understand the issues and nuances involved in the selection, design, testing, production, and manufacturing of SUVs. Ultimately, a high center of gravity and a narrow wheel base makes an SUV or 15-passenger van much more likely to tip, fishtail, flip or roll, instead of skidding. Despite improvements in science and technology, automakers continue to produce dangerous vehicles that cause injuries and deaths to the motorist public. Some of the design flaws are contained below:
- Vehicle instability – SUVs are highly unstable when forced to swerve suddenly. This instability can lead to the SUV veering sharply into incoming traffic or launching the vehicle airborne in a violent roll or end-over-end flip. Many manufacturers have failed to institute traction control technology in all SUV models.
- Roof crush – Despite the higher risk of rollover, many SUV manufacturers continue to make a roof that crumples when the vehicle overturns, often causing catastrophic spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury.
- Tire blowout – SUVs are prone to deficiencies when tires blowout, oftentimes setting in motion disastrous results.
- Fuel-fed fires – Faulty gas tank design often causes severe burn and explosion injuries after impact.
- Outdated and recalled vans and SUVs – Auto manufacturers have made the determination that many vans and SUVs are dangerous and defective, yet have failed to recall all models and allow older models with serious design flaws and defective tires to still be driven on roadways, putting all motorists at risk.
Compassionate, Aggressive Representation For 15-Passenger Van Rollovers And SUV Rollovers
We are aggressive in our pursuit of compensation for the injuries you or a loved one suffered in an SUV or 15-passenger van rollover. Contact The Greene Law Firm in Louisville, Kentucky, if you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury or death and would like to speak to a Kentucky SUV rollover accident attorney. We can help you understand your rights and hold the negligent party responsible for the injuries you suffered.
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a rollover accident, you might be entitled to damages resulting from:
- Past and future medical care and expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Pain and suffering including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) or closed head injury
- Spinal cord injury (including paralysis or paraplegia)
- Broken bones
- Internal Injuries
- Road rash or abrasions
- Other permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one has been involved in a15-passenger van rollover accident or an SUV rollover accident, please contact our Kentucky office today to discuss your needs. We offer a free initial consultation, including home or hospital visits for the severely injured.