Louisville, Kentucky, Product Liability Attorneys
A product liability lawsuit involves an injury caused by an unreasonably dangerous or defective product. People injured from defective or unreasonably dangerous products can bring a legal claim against the designers, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers for failing to design and build safe products. The Greene Law Firm has a reputation for successfully litigating product liability cases throughout Kentucky, South Carolina, and the Southeast. Our firm has successfully achieved settlements or verdicts on behalf of numerous people hurt or killed by defective products. Each product liability claim is unique, but every claim involves; thoroughly investigating the product, engaging the necessary experts to prove your case, and aggressively pursuing compensation for the injuries you have sustained.
Types Of Product Liability Claims
- Asbestos, silica, benzene and mercury
- ATV accidents and ATV rollovers
- Automotive defects (seat belts, failed air bags, defective tires, car doors, and car fires that result in wrongful death, brain injury, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, or significant injury)
- Defective drugs and prescription medication with serious side effects
- Defective playground equipment that results in serious injury or death
- Defective safety equipment
- Defective smoke detectors
- Defective tires (poor materials or manufacturing processes that result in tire blowouts or tire recalls that result in that result in wrongful death, brain injury, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, or significant injury)
- Defective workplace machinery (construction equipment, elevators, forklifts, bulldozers, and other equipment)
- Defective tools and defective mechanical equipment (saws, sanders, lathes, presses, conveyor belts, boilers, valves, and other defective machines and equipment that do not function properly)
- Lead paint
- Products resulting in fires, burns, or explosions (warning and label failures on flammable products, flammable sprays, NAPA firepots and gels, kerosene heaters)
- SUV rollovers and 15-passenger van rollovers
- Transvaginal mesh products
- Unsafe or defective baby equipment (magnetic toys, choking hazards, car seats, swings, cribs and playpens)
Steps To Take Immediately After Suffering An Injury From A Defective Product
If you have recently suffered an injury from a defective product, there are several things that need to be done as soon as possible, including:
- Call 911 if you need immediate medical attention. When seeking treatment it is important to identify all injuries resulting from the use of the defective product.
- Save or retain the product and any documents or packaging that accompanied it. Do not alter or modify the product in any way.
- Take photographs of the defective product, the property damage caused by the product, any injuries sustained by the defective product, and any labels or other documents accompanying the product.
- Gather as much information about the product as possible, including the name of the manufacturer, model name and number, place and date of purchase, receipt, and serial number for the defective product.
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of any witnesses.
- Call The Greene Law Firm: 502-430-0467. We can help. We can begin investigating your defective product claim immediately after the incident. We will visit you in the hospital or in your home if necessary to discuss your case and will go to work for you immediately.
Compassionate, Aggressive Representation
If you’ve suffered an injury from a defective product, the product liability lawyers of The Greene Law Firm will fight for you and your loved one to ensure that they are fairly compensated for the injuries they have sustained. We know how to investigate a product liability claim. This includes aggressively seeking pertinent documents, compassionately explaining the legal process to clients, working tirelessly to hold the manufacturer or at-fault party responsible, and ultimately, if necessary, presenting the case to a jury. Taking legal action will not only hold the manufacturer or at-fault party responsible for their actions, it may improve the product safety or manufacturing process in the future. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury related to a defective or dangerous product, please contact our firm at 502-430-0467 or reach out online.